Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Houston

Hey everyone:

As soon as I get a chance to update all the stories I will but I am just on here to announce a few things:

first off, I made it to Houston safely!


I guess it's time to tell the story of my robbery. I was on the phone with Casey Hunt one block away from the FSU campus when two guys who looked shady approached me. I thought for a second that the dudes were there to rob me but I am too trusting and thought I was a jerk for even thinking of it. One of the guys asked me for the time: I told him. It was ten. Then he rushed up on me and pulled out a gun from his pants. "give me your phone!" he yelled. I gave him my phone. Then he demanded for my money but I hesitated. I don't really have much money so all my money is important to me. He pressed the gun hard into my spine. Then he demanded again, "Give me your wallet." I still didn't give it to him so the other guy started screaming, "shoot him, shoot him, shoot him." So, after that I gave them my wallet pretty easily.

Then, they ran off. Their baggy pants didn't help the fact that they were slow runners. I could have out run them any day. I wanted to run after them, tackle them and beat them for my wallet but I used a little more sense and ran home.

I mean, what were they thinking? I am practically homeless with no job and little money and they are stealing from me? Not only that... they are stealing from me to buy 700 dollars worth of liquor. A luxury that I can't afford any more, really. I shrink my diet down to a sandwich and a grapefruit a day and these guys take everything I have.

Now, I was left with no ID, No SS, no money, no credit, or anything. And I am 850 miles from home.

I didn't even think to call the police but my friend Roxy did it for me. They were there promptly and started my case.

They stole a total of 700 dollars in credit before I could cancel my cards and they potentially can take more because they have my SS. They took a 50 dollar walmart gift card, a gift card to CPK, and a gift card to the movie theater (which was Jay's last gift to me before he died so I have been reluctant to spend it because it had so much sentimental value.) I lost an irreplacable picture that I had in my wallet for 11 years.

Luckily I had my camera on me which had all of my pictures from my trip and they didn't take it. I guess they didn't see it. That was probably the most important thing in my pocket.

I have officially decided to cancel the rest of my trip for the time being. I am going to go home on april 28th. I am getting a ride from my friend Tony. He is an angel because he is coming to Texas to pick me up. Hopefully when I get my money together again I will head out to California for the summer and then north to Washington and Oregon.

Thanks to everyone who has been supporting me throughout my journey.

Bryan

1 comment:

Paddlehands said...

I haven't read the new post yet, but I wanted to start by saying "keep up the good work." Now that that's out of the way, I've got some reading to do.