Monday, April 7, 2008

3/25/08

I am a chameleon! I stayed in The Embassy Suites hotel and I was treated like a millionaire. I looked and felt like I belonged. I was given whatever I wanted. Of course that was only one night so I packed my things up and started walking.

I came to an intersection where a man in a Mercedes was stopped. He looked at me with deep fear in his eyes and locked his door so I could see. He was scared of me, a person who he must have assumed was a homeless person.

Not even a half hour later I ditched my bag in the woods and buried it under some leaves and walked on a college campus. I felt like a student. I got many smiles from attractive students: A sign of approval that I must be a student. Then when I was in the library a kid asked, "Do you have 90 cents on your card?"

I have figured my role on this trip. I am a chameleon and I am going to take advantage of it to continue getting by.

No comments: