Monday, April 7, 2008

But what happened before I was stuck on the streets?

I left Bradenton in the morning and took a long and terrible bus ride to West Palm. I had memorized the local bus schedule so I got on a local bus and met up with my friend Debbie from Sam's who was in town for Spring Training. From the bus stop is was another 2 mile walk to her hotel where I met Debbie, Debbie's mom and her friends.

We talked all evening in the lobby and ran into many sports stars. The best was when Hal Mcrae was making a cup of Coffee and we asked him how the cardinals looked this year and he said, "just okay. You know, just okay."

When I left the girls for a minute to check my email they had made me up a plastic bag full of food! Then they offered me to stay at the hotel for a night in my own room. I politely refused but they told me that I had to and that they were going to get me a room anyway, they already decided. It was pretty amazing, especially because I was homeless the next night and here I am in this fancy hotel living the life.

Breakfast was whatever I wanted to order and it was free. I could actually get full! It had been a long time since I had felt that feeling.

We watched the cardinals trump the nationals in a slow placed game but a great victory.

No comments: