Friday, March 21, 2008

I've started my life.

I am sorry to anyone who wondered where I was the past couple of weeks. I haven't had the time to write about where I have been. I hope to be able to keep up with this better from now on though. Also, I must add that I don't have access to my pictures but they will come soon.

I left St. Louis at the end of February to do a cross country road trip with my friend Drew (he is moving to LA from Chicago to persue his career.) The trip was fun, but it was really his trip. We went to his childhood home in OK City. And stopped at Cadillac Ranch (A place in texas where a bunch of graffitied cadillac's sit half burried in the ground jetting to the sky.) because that's the car he drives.

It was nice... to be off work and not really sure where I was going to be the next morning.

My favorite stop was in Lake Havasu City, Arizona. In the late seventies a property developer bought the London Bridge and had it shipped brick by brick to the small Arizona town. He built a small English style village near the bridge to attract visitors. Now, the town is booming as a retirement community and resort-getaway for californians. The city was rich with interesting people and beautiful mountains/river/lake/buildings. I was truely in awe.

We arrived in LA the next day but as soon as we parked we walked to Green Dot Films to have someone drive us up North near Cal Arts to work on a commercial shoot. We arrived at the shooting location at about 3 in the afternoon and didn't leave until 6 AM. It was good to see Casey and the Legs and all of the people I hadn't seen in awhile.

Over the weekend Casey, Pix and I went to Apple Valley to our favorite hot springs. We hiked down the two mile trail sometime during midmorning until we got to the river (you have to get across a river to get to the springs). The water temperature of the river was about 35 degrees (snow melt run off). The three of us were afraid at first to cross but eventually I just charged through the water. It wasn't so bad... and the hot spring water was right there. So, I decided to jump off a rock and go swimming in the river. It felt so good. I felt human.

On the otherside I met two new friends and locals to the area: Dave and Berlinda. Some of the coolest people I have met in awhile. It's people like them that keep areas like the hot springs from becoming trashed by disrespectful people. I can't wait to see there house (dave built himself) when I visit them.

No comments: