Friday, March 21, 2008

I'm catching up!

It was my first trip on a greyhound and I wasn't at all sure what to expect. I didn't except to see underwear in the middle of the terminal and a lady with her ass hanging out of her pants... proudly. So obviously, this is where the stories began:

1. In Albequerque the bus driver tried to leave several people behind. People were shouting, "not everyone's on the bus!" he replied, "I don't care... this bus is moving." So several passengers chased after the moving bus until it stopped.

2. Then some older man lost his CD player. The bus driver said, "Who stole this man's CD player? Come on now. I know none of y'all listen to country and you know that's what this cracker listens to." The whole bus laughed at the man's misfortune. Greyhound could have cared less about the man's missing luggage.

3. There was a huge snow storm the following night. I mean... HUGE. at least 6 inches sticking on the highway. For some reason the bus driver felt it necessary to push on. We passed by at least a dozen accidents. I don't know how we made it. We were the only car on the road.

4. In the morning a man by the name of Russel joined me on the bus. He had gotten out of Jail that same day and was ready to start his life. I warmed up to this guy pretty fast. He bought me a snickers and offered me some soup at the station. He was living out of a trash bag.. it was all he had left because his ex-girlfriend stole his belongings while he was in jail. Poor guy. He lives in Talahassee. I can't wait to visit him.

5. When we got to a stop an elderly man asked about how long our break was going to be. the security gaurd replied, "You wanna say it to my face mutha fucka. I will beat your face in with this stick." The poor old man just asked a simple question....

6. Another girl was bragging about smoking weed with her paroll officer.

7. In Joplin Missouri a man had realized he was on the wrong bus (only because greyhound changed the schedule). So, he decided to go to the front of the bus and attack the driver. The driver threw him off the bus and had the police come and arrest him.

"At this point I am in a daze. I have no idea how much I have slept in the past few days. Way more than normal? Way less? I really have no idea. I don't have a way of telling time and I have changed time zones twice. I barely notice the difference between day and night. I have no concept of time anymore." I wrote this in my journal just before arrive in St. Louis.

And then I finally got home.

1 comment:

BlackJoelBlack said...

No one makes greyhound sound so good. I´m happy to stick to my Megabus for the time being.